Are you searching for commonly asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers?
In this article, I have written answers to some of the most commonly asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions & Answers.
Let’s get Started!
Table of Contents
Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers for Beginners
Below you will find some of the most commonly asked questions asked from freshers in Digital Marketing.
Q1. Give us a short brief about Inbound & Outbound Marketing.
Ans. Inbound Marketing refers to the marketing in which the user interacts or buys a service/product from the website/blog of the webmaster on his own. The reason why a customer is reaching out by himself because they have found your website/blog useful for their needs. And, hence taking an action that is deemed profitable for the webmaster.
Some of the examples of Inbound Marketing are:
- Search Engine Optimization/SEO
- Content Marketing
On the other hand, Outbound Marketing refers to marketing where a company/webmaster reaches out to an audience & spreads its marketing message. Business/Webmaster do outbound marketing to reach more number of audience who may or may not be interested in buying what they are offering.
Examples of Outbound Marketing include:
- TV ads
- Cold Outreach
- Cold Calling
- Sending Bulk SMS
Q2. Differentiate between On-Page & Off-Page SEO and their key elements.
Ans. On-Page SEO refers to all the optimization being done on the website to improve the website traffic or to rank higher in the search engines.
Key elements of On-Page SEO are:
- Meta Tags
- Headings (H1, H2, H3, and so on…)
- SEO-friendly Content
- Image Tags
- User Experience
- Outbound Links (applicable to blogs only)
- Website Architecture
On the other hand, Off-Page SEO refers to the SEO activities done on others websites to improve your website rankings in search engines.
Key elements of Off-Page SEO are:
- Domain Authority
- Quality Links pointing towards your website (such as Editorial Backlinks from High Authority websites)
- Anchor Text of backlinks
- Referral traffic
Q3. How do you increase traffic on a website in most efficient manner?
Ans. One can increase the traffic on the website by using a mix of various types of Digital Marketing. Below are some of the useful points:
- Create 2 different types of Digital Marketing Strategy. One should pertain to short term goals & others should pertain long term goals.
- For fulfilling short term goals, the use of Paid Marketing is recommended.
- And, for Long-term goals, SEO, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Quora Marketing, Video Marketing, etc. are recommended.
Q4. Are you aware of difference between Direct marketing & Branding?
Ans. Direct Marketing is a form of marketing where a business reaches out to potential customers and presents information about their product or services. Direct Marketing is a targeted approach where potential customers have shown some interest towards the type of product or service which business is selling.
On the other hand, Branding refers to the activities which are done to improve the brand awareness of the brand among potential customers.
Q5. What are the top direct marketing tools you are aware of?
Ans. Below are some of the top Direct Marketing Tools that I am aware of:
- Targeted Cold Email Outreach
- Telemarketing (calling potential customers)
- Targeted SMS
Q6. How do you generate leads with a Digital Marketing Campaign?
Ans. Below are some ways in which I can generate leads with a Digital Marketing Campaign:
- Funnel Creation (for positioning various digital marketing activities according to the user journey in the funnel)
- Running successful PPC Campaigns (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, Remarketing ads or any other relevant ads)
- Ranking the website with the help of SEO on targeted keywords (ranking webpage & blogs on valuable keywords)
- Blogging on relevant topics (attracts a relevant audience which can later be converted into sales)
- Brand Awareness (by running brand awareness ads or doing any other brand awareness activity such as PR, Video Marketing, Content Marketing, Link Building).
- Converting website subscribers into paying customers with the help of email marketing
Q7. How do you attract potential buyers towards the products/services offered by a business via social media platforms?
Ans. Below are the ways to attract potential buyers on social media platforms:
- Presence: First & the most basic requirement for a brand is to be present on the social media platforms which potential customer is using
- Brand Discovery: Improve your discoverability with organic or paid social media marketing activities.
- Engagement with customers: Brand should try to engage with the customers on social media platforms as much as possible
- Lead Generation: Run lead generation ads on social media platforms to get leads
You can also enrol for my Free SEO Course to improve your SEO skills now.
If you have any suggestion or questions, do let me know in the comment section below!